The time is right for this all-new survey of the library technology that’s already transitioning from trend to everyday reality. As in the previous best-selling volume, Varnum and his contributors throw the spotlight on the systems, software, and approaches most crucial to the knowledge institutions of tomorrow. Inside, readers will find concise information and analysis on topics such as
- mobile technologies;
- privacy-protection technology tools;
- the Internet of Things (IoT);
- virtual reality;
- bots and automation;
- machine learning applications for libraries;
- libraries as digital humanities enablers;
- visualizations in discovery systems;
- linked open data;
- embeddedness and Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI);
- special collections and digital publishing;
- link rot, web archiving, and the future of the Distributed Web; and
- digital repositories.
Sure to spark discussions about library innovation, this collection is a must have for staff interested in technology or involved with strategic planning.