Cadmium = the software ALA Conference Services uses for Midwinter and Annual program proposals, program review by division juries, placing sessions in rooms, and generating the scheduler; used by the Core Conference Programming to review Core programs for Annual.
Drupal = runs the ALA and Core websites, as well as the ALA Store and forthcoming ALA eLearning site.
Google Docs = Core has a master Google Drive account where we’ve set up a Drive folder for every committee and interest group. If your group is going to work in Google Docs, please get in touch with the Core Office so that we can give you access to the folder. Using the Core folder will ensure that your work is available to future group members and that staff have permanent access to it.
iMIS = the Association Management Software (AMS) that stores all of ALA’s information about members, committees, registrations, donations, and other billing activities; pronounced eye-miss; only staff have access.
- Email marketing platform ALA uses for eblasts because it’s connected to iMIS so it respects member communication preferences;
- Handles our daily join, renew, reinstate, and drop emails;
- Generates statistical reports for each mailing showing opens and clicks;
- Only staff have access to Informz, but we can send out marketing or survey emails on behalf of a Core group.
LibGuides = Core has an account that member groups can use to host resources that are more difficult to build in Drupal or WordPress.
Moodle = open source course management system hosted by ALA; runs Core’s web courses.
Prophix = the software all of ALA uses for budgeting; when you read Core financial reports, they’re generated from Prophix; only staff have access.
WordPress = runs the Core News Blog, the Forum website, this Handbook site, and all of our forms; contact the Core Office if your group wants to discuss using WordPress for a project or service.
- Core has 2 Zoom rooms for meetings and discussions;
- All Core committees and interest groups can reserve up to 1 hour of Zoom time per day;
- We pay an annual fee to use this software.
In addition to these resources, the Chairs Toolkit provides advice and recommendations for processes and engagement techniques.